What is Project B?
Be Bold! Be Brave! Be Part Of..... Project B!
Project B is a range of initiatives that aim to widen access to dance for boys and encourage them to take up ballet. We issues a challenge to boys and men all over the world to be part of Project B. We believe that dance is for everyone, regardless of age, sex or ability. We want to breakdown stereotypes to show that dance is just as physical and demanding as many sports and is not just something girls do.
Project B Aims to:
- Increase the proportion of boys taking part in dance activities by 2020.
- Promote more male role models in dance.
- Fire boys imaginations with new dance partnerships inspired by sports and superheroes.
- Provide more boys only workshops and masterclasses, along with bursaries and financial support for regular tuition.
- Offer financial support to encourage more men to train as dance teachers, as well as new resources for existing teachers.
#RADProjectB Facebook Community:
We have an fun and friendly online community group for both boys (13yrs +), parents of boys who dance and teachers with male students.
We share activities, resources, celebrate accomplishments, have discussions and share announcements about upcoming workshops, events and scholarships aimed at male dancers.
You can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RADNZProjectB/
2019 Boys Only 2 Day Spring Workshop in Christchurch
Bookings - Eventbrite